Peterhead Prison Museum
Step back in time when you visit the former "HM Convict Prison, Peterhead" which officially opened in 1888 and now forms part of the Admiralty Gateway.
For the "inside story" of those brave personnel that staffed the first convict prison in Scotland from August 1888 to December 2013 what better way to learn than to visit and interact with guides in period costumes and see the cells and other key components of this complex that is known worldwide.
- Visitor Centre
- An array of prison memorabilia
- Prison tours
- Historical photos
- Cell and punishment block access
- Traditional and interactive displays
- Re-creation of convict working areas
- Includes Historic Peterhead RNLI Lifeboat exhibit